Saturday, October 26, 2013

a time for every Purpose under 
heaven


Have you ever thought about going on a mission trip?  I have always had this thought in the back of my mind that if I were single, I would travel to third world countries and work as a missionary.  After reading, Chris Kincaid's book, "a time for every Purpose under heaven", I no longer have that desire.  God truly chooses those who will serve in the mission field.

I could never imagine eating body parts from animals, which should not be consumed, or squatting over a dirt hole in the ground to... well, you get the picture.

Chris Kincaid, felt that she had received several messages from God and that she was destined to travel to Kenya, Africa on a mission trip.  Much of the time she felt lost and alone.  One question that kept resonating through her head was
 "Why am I here?"




1.  What is the one thing, you would like people to know about you?

I never thought, I was anyone special.  I'm shy and insecure, with a very low 
self-esteem. I never pictured myself doing anything with my life.  But, through God's eyes, I am very special and with His help and guidance I can do anything.  And so can anyone else.

2.  How would you describe your book to readers?

First, it is a book about Africa, the people, the places, and the poverty.  I hope that readers feel as if they are in Africa, feeling the wind as it blows across the Savannah, they can smell the waste piling up in the slums, and they can hear the laughter of children who should have nothing to laugh at.

3.  What is your greatest desire in life?

Every night at the dinner table, when I was a kid, we watched the evening news unfold stories of sorrow and poverty on the other end of the world.  Then a commercial for the Peace Corps would invariably play.  "The toughest job you'll ever love."  That was the job I wanted, to travel to a third world country and make a difference.

On my first trip to Kenya, I had such high hopes to accomplish this goal.  I thought that I could change the entire world in the two short weeks I was there.  God had other ideas for me, but I know now, I can fulfill that dream in His way, in His time.

4.  What are you currently reading?

I am usually reading three or four books at one time, several nonfiction and one fiction.  Right now I am reading "Sell Your Book Like Wildfire," "Confessions of a Prayer Wimp," and "The Holocaust Diaries".  "The Holocaust Diaries" is the amazing true story of a woman who survived the Nazi occupation of Eastern Europe.  In the chapter I just finished, she wrote that her hope is that other survivors share their stories as well so that others may learn from these events so that history doesn't repeat itself.  I look at the world we are living in today and I am fearful that we haven't learned anything from the Holocaust.

I am also reading "Decoding Daniel" in my weekly bible study.  When I am driving any distance, I pop in an audio book, so at this moment "Odd Hours" is playing in the car.

5.  How can readers contact you or purchase your book?




You can also purchase it through Amazon.com, Barnes and Nobel and through 
Life Sentence Publishing:  http://www.lifesentencepublishing.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment