Sunday, May 24, 2015

The Ramifications of Our Salvation

When I first received author John Rataczak's book in the mail, I thought, "Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into?"  I geared myself up for some deep reading and deciphering of theology way beyond what my pea brain could comprehend.  However, what I discovered was a book written and backed by scripture, followed by questions and logical answers. 
John writes on the second page of his book, "Biblical knowledge is important, but it must be accompanied by the desire to become more Christ-like in our attitudes and actions."

  



1.  What is the one thing, you would like people to know about you?

Really, the most important thing is what God thinks. I do
hope people come to the conclusion that my two daily prayers
are of the utmost importance: a. that God would bring about a
revival of evangelism worldwide, and b. that God would bring
a revival of Biblical thinking among His people.


2.  How would you describe your book to readers? 

I have written 4 books thus far:

a. The Ramifications of Our Salvation explains what happens
Biblically when a believer is saved by God's grace.  In 35 short,
readable chapters; suitable for small group or personal study,
it has 4 quizzes and a final exam at the end.

b. Bible Translations: A Closer Look defends the inspiration of
the Bible, discusses the history and difficulties involved in
translation, explains the various theories of translation, and offers 
practical suggestions for effective Bible studies.

c. Spiritual Gifts Verse by Verse: A Commentary on I Corinthians
12-14 is a phrase-by-phrase look at the three chapters of the New
Testament that most thoroughly deal with the subject of spiritual
gifts.

d. A Portrait of Jesus is in five sections: Jesus before time existed,
Jesus in Old Testament times, Jesus on this earth, Jesus in the
present, Jesus in the last days and final state. It's 37 short chapters
on our amazing Savior!


3.  What is your greatest desire in life?

It is my sincere desire that these books (and others that by God's
grace will come in the future) will be used to glorify our Savior in
many lands throughout the world. I don't want any credit, but I do
believe these books are needed and helpful to many who are lost or
Christians who need encouragement and instruction.


4.  What are you currently reading?

Currently, I am reading biographies about Christian leaders from
the 19th century in preparation for my fifth book: 19th Century
Influences on 21st. Century Christianity.

5.  How can readers contact you or purchase your book?






1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the book review. Sounds like a good overview of the basics of the faith.

    ReplyDelete