Tuesday, August 24, 2010

IT's ok TO FEEL LIKE THIS


This morning as I headed out on my two-mile trek, I couldn't shake off the question rolling around in my mind from an alumni friend on Facebook.
"So, besides your book, what else is going on with you?"
Since I have been quoted as being "one of the happiest people on the face of the Pahrump Planet,"  I surely didn't want to reveal to him that I was feeling down in the dumps... or did I?  Maybe this was my moment to reveal some gut wrenching feelings.  My response in a private note of course went something like this:

"Besides trying to market my book, my hubby being unemployed since April 6 and wondering if the modification for our home is going to go through, I have been questioning God's plan for my life."  I promptly hit the send button and immediately thought, "why did I say that stuff?"


I said those things because I am a real person and God wants us to be real in every way.  I'm glad today is a new day and I would like to rewrite my response right here on this blog spot.
"Besides marketing my book which I know everyone has been inundated with my numerous contests, and posts on Twitter and Facebook, my hubby and I have been actively seeking God's will for our lives. Since he has been unemployed, he has been able to use his talents to remodel a garage for a family in our church, which had set idle for two years.  He is currently busy laying the tile floor in the foyer of our new church and even though the move-in date is scheduled for this Sunday, August 29 he repeatedly asks our Pastor if we can move in any earlier... J
We haven't heard a peep from our loan representative regarding our home loan modification but we still have a roof over our head and food in our pantry.  As I thought of this current revision, I gazed down at my walking shoes and the scripture that came to my mind was,

"Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?"  (Matthew 6:26, NKJV).


Even though God and I worked things out with each other during our walk this morning, I couldn't wait to get home to kick off my walking shoes.  You see, the inside of my left shoe was disintegrating and I could feel a blister forming on my heel.  I realized I had purchased my walking shoes in 1996...
Jesus knows me, this I love.

3 comments:

  1. Amen Sister! I love your candid approach. Gives me confidence to remain true to who I am as well.
    My scripture I wrote out today is... Psalm 37: 4-9
    4"Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. 5 Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this;6 he will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. 7 Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. 8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--- it leads only to evil. 9 For evil men will be cut off, but those who hope in the Lord will inherit the land."
    Joyfully,
    Marianne Phoenix
    www.faithbyphoenix.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Press on, my dear, for you are indeed worth more than the birds of the air! What a wonderful reminder and what an encouragement this was to me today. Thank you for the post. Blessings to you and your hubby!
    Amanda
    http://www.thepriceoftrust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transparency is a good thing and gives us credibility to minister to others. Bless you for yours and may God heal the hurt and fill you with His peace.

    ReplyDelete