Have you met the Food Mood Girl? Author and Certified Health Coach, Lindsey Smith is a recovering emotional eater, who can show you a better way - one that relieves the burden of self-denial and invites both joy and health back into your life.
1. What is the one thing, you would like people to know about you? In short - I am a woman on a journey. A journey to help others and myself unravel their relationship with their bodies, and their relationship with themselves.
In my own journey, I suffered from severe anxiety and depression as a child, which left me hospitalized by age 12. After seeing several therapists and psychologists, I finally found a mentor and coach who "got me." We focused on what I call, the recipe to health and happiness, which is to "Think Good Thoughts, Eat Real Food, Love Yourself, and Repeat As Necessary." This recipe changed my life at a young age and I have made it my mission to help others going through similar situations by using those key ingredients.
2. How would you describe your book to readers? Junk Foods & Junk Moods: Stop Craving and Start Living is a life changing, inspirational guide to the little steps we can take every day to overcome our painful wounds of the past and to fill the void with love, friendship, relationships and wholesome foods in order to live happy and healthy lives.
I share my personal story of overcoming emotional eating and my negative relationship with food and invite everyone to begin their own journey of healing.
Junk Foods and Junk Moods is broken down into my recipe for health and happiness. Each section provides tools to help you understand how foods affect your moods and how moods affect your food choices.
Junk Food and Junk Moods is meant to meet you where you are in your journey to health and happiness and also to serve as a resource that you can rely on year after year.
3. What is your greatest desire in life? My greatest desire is to wake up every single day with the ability to spread love and joy into the world, keeping that as my soul purpose continuously.
4. What are you currently reading? Enchanted Love: The Mystical Power of Intimate Relationships by Marianne Williamson.
5. How can readers contact you or purchase your book? Readers can visit my site at http://foodmoodgirl.com/ or they can send me a tweet https://twitter.com/LindseySmithHHC.